Thursday, December 2, 2010

ArcAngel Michael

ARC ANGEL MICHAEL

I have recently challenged myself to try and more systematically sort out my feelings about things more spiritual. HMMMM....... Let me see how many lifetimes do I have? If I had more than one I am sure it would not be enough so the whole task seems a little empty and pointless if you insist on finding The Answer. I have decided that I do not need to find The Answer but just enjoy the journey.

While I am going to try and stay playful, lighthearted, and mirthful I am also going to try and stay very respectful. If I cross the line and seem disrespectful I apologize it was not my intent.

I have an insatiable curiosity about everything. Deciding to examine spirituality is like being a kid in a candy store for someone with an insatiable curiosity. Every time you run into something that can serve as a source of new information you suddenly come across several others. If all you did was study just the Bible you could devout every waking moment of the rest of your life and still not grok it. And then there is the matter of needing time to learn celestial navigation, quantum mechanics, all the sports teams statistics, world history.............

I have only just started this journey but already I find that yesterday's awesome revelations often look simple-minded and naive. I think it may be fun to look back at some of these posts in the future and chuckle at how silly they seem. In the meantime I will just try to describe my gestalt of the moment.

Today's gestalt of the moment has to do with very specific Christian beliefs. For whatever reason I have no problem in believing in a creator that is an ultimate force for good. This makes it easy to believe in the Christian concept of God. Since the Holy Spirit is kind of ethereal, I can buy into believing in it as well. It is the Christian concept of Christ being both mortal and Divine that I am having trouble with. Of course this is a pretty central theme to being a Christian.

At the moment I am perfectly willing to believe that there was a man who lived around two thousand years ago who was as close to being divine as a man can get. Someday I might be willing to believe that a divine entity came and took the form of a man (while still being divine). I am just not sure I will ever be able to believe there was an entity who was both mortal and divine. It would be hugely cool and blissful to be able to join the club of believers. There are very few devout Christians I would not be proud to count as a friend. Maybe someday I will share in their beliefs, maybe not?

In the meantime my journey has re-introduced me to a Biblical figure that I can fully identify with and embrace, Arc Angel Michael. Arc Angel Michael is my kind of divine being. While he is both tolerant and just, he also relishes getting into a good righteous tussle. So for at least the immediate future I am going to embrace Saint Michael. I am going to try in my own humble way to join Saint Michael's army.


No comments:

Post a Comment