Monday, November 22, 2010

THE LEAF

About a quarter mile up the Ridge Trail from the now closed old upper lot I decided to take a break and sit next to the trail on a boulder. Almost all the leaves were off the trees but there was an occasional oak holding on to some leaves. As I was enjoying my break on the bolder a gust of wind came up and around 300 leaves came drifting down to the ground from the top of a tall oak. After the gust, the air was still and I was looking up marveling at the tops of the trees when a single solitary leaf way up near the top of the canopy, highlighted against bright blue sky, broke off and started a slow drifting journey to the ground. I was fascinated by the way it floated on the air. At times, hanging motionless. Its slow downward journey seemed to take forever. At the end of its journey it landed gently in my lap. I was filled with wonder and glee.
Thank you Yahweh.

ONE OF THOSE SIMPLE BUT SPECIAL MOMENTS ON THE MOUNTAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment